12.01.2011

What they don't want you to know about Oil Rigs...

As I have said numerous times I watch a lot of TV on DVDs.  I find it comforting to have a whole season there to be watched all in one sitting.  I can't imagine people watching shows weekly, especially with the season-ending cliff-hangers.  Why wait in anticipation to see who the secret Cylon is when you can just pop in the next DVD and find out.  Suspense is overrated - instant gratifciation is way better.  This is proven conclusively by the existence of the "buy it now" button on eBay.

While watching said DVDs I always have to watch the stupid copyright screen.  You know - the one you can't skip over.  But I realised that imbedded in them is a huge secret.  Amongst other things it tells you it is illegal to watch the DVD in schools, prison and oil rigs.  Now I already knew that schools and prisons were fabulous places with non-stop parties and movie shows (proven by Welcome Back, Kotter, Oz and Prison Break).  But I never suspected that oil rigs were such happening places.  I always figured them to be dirty, smelly places where large men swung comically huge wrenches around. 

I think I have been deceived. 

If you think about it oil rigs are the perfect place to have a massive party with non-stop movies and dancing.  They are secluded, large and on international waters.  Think about it for a second.  The more you do the more you realize that oil rigs are heaven on earth. 

What is the biggest disaster we know about involving an oil rig?  I would say that whole BP petroleum thing.  Did those people seem sober to you?  They were obviously stoned or drunk off of the massive party they were having when someone pressed a button they shouldn't have and suddenly the whole world was watching.  It was the equivalent to breaking a vase at a house party while the parents are away and drunkenly trying to piece it all together so "no one will notice". 

All things considered BP did a pretty good job. 

If I am right (and I do not see how I can be wrong) I suspect that the Oiluminati already know that I know.  If I stop posting they have got me.  Don't worry about me though.  I suspect that I could get used to living my life on an oil rig (baby and wife by my side), the fresh sea air in my face, watching illegal DVDs and thumbing my nose at copyright law. 

It's a pirate's life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to tell me? Go ahead!