1.12.2012

Chinese Bun Lady (revisited)

I  never knew my words would have such an influence.

You may remember one of my first posts was about the terror regime of the Chinese Bun Lady (for the uninitiated see http://timwilltell.blogspot.com/2011/10/on-buns-and-bagels.html). 

Well ding dong the witch is dead... the Chinese Bun Shop has closed.

I went today to get a Chinese bun and the shop had turned into an art shop.   Instead of the smell of barbecue pork buns wafting over the underground instead there is now the sight of very bad oil paintings of barns. 

Oh what a fool I have been.  I know it was my words that caused this.  The Chinese Bun Lady ever mindful of plots to steal her buns must have set up an Internet search to be one step ahead of the horde of bun thieves.  Her engine must have highlighted my post and she saw the error of her ways and either killed herself or she is currently on a pilgrimage back to China to rediscover what it was that she first saw in Chinese buns that ignited the passion in her.

Or she was right to be so mindful of thieves and it really is true that stealing of buns makes Chinese bun shops economically unsupportable and she was forced to close down.

Either way I feel I have wronged the Chinese bun lady.  I guess it is true what they say.  You never know a good thing until it is gone.  Somehow my bagel just doesn't taste the same. 

I wanted the Eastern European Bagel lady to be a little meaner so I could remember. I will hug those close to me a little closer today and one day tell my child of the Chinese bun lady and her ways.

Rest in Peace dear angry lady who would always check my bag to ensure I wasn't stealing a .99 cent product

Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/12/2012

    That's pretty freakin' funny! Well said Tim!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to tell me? Go ahead!