11.17.2011

The N'Awesome Project

A while back I read the book of awesome.  It was ok.  It would have been better if it was the book of Not Awesome. While we all know that good things are good, complaining about bad things is better.  Nothing unifies us more than sharing our collective disdain for the world and the stupid things in it.

In order to attract the youths I am shortening it to the N'Awesome Project.

Now I know that the Book of Awesome was in part written by a best friend of someone who died of Cancer so that we would all recognize the little things in life that are great.  It would seem that N'Awsome project would be against that.  Not so.  The first thing on the N'Awesome Project is:

Cancer.  Totally N'Awesome!

The rest of the items are a little more subjective.  Some of the items I would add are (in no particular order):

Julia Stiles.

People referencing older posts from their blog so that you have to read them in order to understand.

That guy who still won't pass me the basketball on Saturday and still continues to shoot airballs every time (he now insists that his jumper is - and I quote - "sick, yo").

The word Awesome (I always misspell it as Awsome and it makes me feel like a Teenage Ninja Turtle)

Family Circus (Too soon? I don't think so.  Be funny or die... it took Bill Keane a long time to finally get it right).

The canonization of Steve Jobs.

The phrase "with all due respect" - because when you say it you always mean with no respect at all.

The Santa Claus Parade once you are over 10.

The TV Show Big Brother. 

[Aside - I love all things reality show based.  But this show makes no sense to me at all.  It is worse than Age of Love.  That show was the best.  It had tennis star Mark Philippoussis (a 30 year-old) choosing between a group of 20 year-olds and a group of 40 year-olds.  The best thing about the show was Mark lived on the 30th floor, the older woman lived on the 40th floor and the younger women lived on the 20th floor of the same condo building.  Do you see what the producers did there?  Brilliant.  It only lasted one season.  Big Brother is in its 13th season.  The Mole no longer exists]

Please send me your N'Awesome list and I will compile a list which I will sell for millions of dollars and you can feel part of something greater than yourself with no monetary reward whatsoever.

 N'Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to tell me? Go ahead!